Hi Friends. It is that time again, time for another fun-filled Sunday Seven. But this week, I am going to do something just a bit different (because, as I have said before, I am a maverick).
I know you all are probably sick of hearing this sentiment from me, but I repeat, I am just not a fan of Winter.
Sure, I love the holidays, the warm sweaters and hot beverages (with or without a little nip of something boozy) as much as the next girl, but the short days, dark skies and fierce winds definitely take the pep out of my step and replace it with a general feeling of “blergh”. So, I thought today would be the perfect day to list seven wonderful things about this time of year that I actually like to remind us all that big bad Mr. Frost can’t stop our good time!
- Layers. Not just because I love the way they allow you to mix colors, patterns and textures, but also (and perhaps, more importantly) they help you hide your “I ate leftover holiday cookies for breakfast every morning this week…ok fine, this month” food baby (gotta put on that insulation to combat the icy cold winters!)
- Snow. The only acceptable weather in winter is when pretty white flakes fall from the skies onto your nose and eyelashes. It makes everything beautiful and quiet, almost like a clean slate.
- Tell me there is a better feelings that waking up in warm PJs in your comfy bed in the winter with the smell of coffee brewing and nowhere you have to go and I will call you a liar.
- Bad weather=can’t leave the house=ample time to catch up on all that amazing TV you keep meaning to watch! (2 words: Jessica. Jones.)
- Something about winter inspires stores to line every item of clothing with the softest, most wonderful materials. If I have to wear a coat, boots, scarf, gloves,hat and socks just to leave the house, at least they are all lined with fleece or faux fur!
- Dogs in cute sweaters.
- I have never been one to say no something shiny, and winter is the perfect time to embrace the glitter and glitz, whether it be twinkling lights, sparkly ensembles, or maybe even a real gem or two!
Honestly, my #1 favorite thing about winter is it has to end eventually, but it’s nice to find those glimpses of happy amidst the bleak, cold days of the next few months…until hibernation becomes social acceptable (and biologically possible) of course, then all our problems are solved!