Ahhhh, Thanksgiving, the oft-forgotten middle child between Halloween and Christmas. She’s not as spooky or glamorous as either of her siblings, but she is steady and her traditions are dependable. Here are just a few of the things I look forward to every T-Giving:
- Waking up early(ish) to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Wondering how many M&Ms would fit inside one giant M&M balloon (and then wait for the Today show crew to tell me since they’re always chockfull of ridiculous facts like that) and then imagining swimming in that amount of M&Ms like Scrooge McDuck in his money vault.
- Watching the annual Dog Show with the kind of shrewd, eagle eyed judgement that only someone who has no clue what they’re talking about can possibly possess.
- Yelling at the TV when the judges don’t agree that the Parsons Russell terrier is obviously cuter than the Bedlington terrier and that someone should find a Komondor because there’s a cleanup in aisle 5.
- Worrying that my encyclopedic knowledge of dogs somehow makes me some kind of canine Rain Man especially for someone who is honestly much more of a cat person.
- Trying to convince my cats that being show cats might be cool.
- Nursing my wounds.
- Changing into my stretchiest leggings and loosest, warmest sweater and then unhinging my jaw, inhaling all of the food, and naming my food baby Myles Standish.
- Spending the rest of the evening basking in the love and warmth of my family and trying not to trip off to tryptophan land.
What about you guys? What are some Thanksgiving traditions that you look forward to every year?
Sweater: Target (check in stores, similar)
Leggings: Target (similar)
Tank top: Target
Necklace: Madewell (similar)
Boots: Shoe Stop (similar)