Wow. September just keeps going, doesn’t it? Listen, I could sit here and whine about all of the things I didn’t get to do this summer (like how I didn’t do nearly enough swimming or wear nearly enough white before Labor Day just suddenly crashed through the wall all Kool-Aid Man style), but that doesn’t seem nearly as productive as listing off some of the things I did accomplish in the last few months:
- Road tripped it up north to visit a really good friend (you may know her? Her name is Jess and she’s supes adorbs?) and in the process discovered:
- The Guardians of The Galaxy soundtrack is basically the best road trip playlist ever created. Thank you, James Gunn, for helping me survive the cornfields of Iowa.
- You may think your shopping situation is pretty good, but know that every mall pales in comparison to the Mall of America. I once was blind, but now I see. #RollerCoastersAndStoresAndMinotaursOhMy
- Minnesota summers > Missouri summers (70 degrees and low humidity vs 90 degrees and drowning-on-land levels of humidity? Puh-leeeze)
- Was so inspired watching women absolutely DOMINATE the Olympic stage I did a sit up.
- Kept my promise to try wearing shorts on more than just the Fourth of July (and no, my legs never got any tanner #BlindedByTheWhite #ItsCalledPorcelainAndImStillRockingIt)
- Channeled my inner Mary Poppins and discovered apps that turned the chore of being healthy into a game. A spoonful of PlantNanny and Pokemon GO makes the water and walking go down.
- Listened to my gut (I don’t have a gut, you motherfu-), and experimented with makeup looks I would’ve been afraid to attempt a year ago. Electric blue eyeliner? Been there. Black lipstick? Done that. Metallic gold eyeliner and blue lipstick? Just you wait and see…
- Have thus far avoided all Gilmore Girls revival spoilers, set photos, and theories and hope to continue doing so until November (sorry Jeanne).
I mean, it’s a pretty good list right, guys? I’m basically so accomplished and witty that Mr. Darcy would definitely slight me at a dance. 😉
Shorts: Target (similar)
Hat: Kohl’s (similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott
[photos by Seth]