Happy deeply discounted Halloween candy day y’all! While we all sit here and marinate in our sugar comas, here are some fun Sunday Seven (having a giddy little number nerd dance about this being the seventh installment) thoughts and factoids to carry you through this first week of November (is…is time moving faster? How are we already that much closer to winter? #nopetopus):
- ADELE IS RELEASING NEW MUSIC THIS MONTH. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. That’s right peasants, the Queen of England is bequeathing us with new life on November 20, just in time to swaddle ourselves in enormous blanket scarves and moodily walk through the falling leaves. Have you watched the video for Hello yet? We are not worthy.
- For all of our readers from the US of A, it’s that time of year again where we set our clocks back an hour for whatever reason (please don’t explain the reason, just enjoy it). That’s right, as I’m sure everyone on your facebook feed (and that text from your mom) has probably already told you, it’s Daylight Savings Time! So enjoy that extra hour of weekend people, because the Earth earned it simply by spinning.
- Blame it on the changing leaves or the fashion magazines, but I am on the hunt for the perfect dark lip this fall. My favorites so far? Revlon’s Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion and CoverGirl’s Star Wars Colorlicious lipstick in Dark Purple 70 (*waves hand* this is the shade you’re looking for)
- My favorite part about stills from live musical theater productions is all of those people with their arms up in the air. Are they being robbed or dancing? It’s a photo. You don’t know.
- The Rosemary Clooney Pandora station is the best one. Period. *cue that The More You Know Star because it just got crazy factual in here*
- Does anyone else get mad hair jealousy? Like, cool things pop up on Pinterest and you think, “UGH, if only the stupid body waste that sprouts from MY head could do that!” I have been dying to dye (Both of those are correct. The English language is weird, y’all) my strands for a long time. I’m pretty sure I’m secretly a redhead trapped in a brunette’s body. So, I’ve been pouring over photos of Emma Stone, Jessica Chastain, Debra Messing, etc. trying to decide what my perfect ginger shade is… but then a little voice in the back of my head says, “Why stop there? Blue is pretty cool…”
- Whenever I’ve been having a rough week (you know one of those where the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate and it’s hard to just shake it off?), I like to turn to the healing life affirmations of everyone’s favorite badass: Skeletor.