Hey All! Another week has come and gone, and it’s my turn to share a few of my favorite things from the last seven days (for all those expecting raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens, you will be disappointed. I prefer sunflowers and puppies):
- One thing I haven’t talked a lot about here is that my background is actually in Musical Theater. I usually find myself with one Broadway soundtrack on repeat, and right now that soundtrack is…HAMILTON. If you’re not already aware, it is a new musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda (recent winner of a MacArthur Grant) and it is the story of Alexander Hamilton and the creation of the US told through hip-hop music (duh, obviously, what else?). Y’all, if you like history, rap/hip-hop, music in general, air, water…you will love this soundtrack. Take a listen here, thank me later.
- There are a lot of places that I get my fashion inspiration from. One of my absolute go-tos for creative outfit ideas from a fellow fashion blogger is Mara of M Loves M. She does such a great job of styling things that every girl has a version of in their closet and making them feel new and fresh. For example, I already own versions of pretty much everything she is wearing here, but I never would have thought to put them together like that before. Plus, Mara does a great job of taking super trendy items and making them work for everyday. She’s neat, I like her, strong endorsement from yours truly.
- Now that it is officially October, it is time to start planning that perfect Halloween costume. Perhaps these adorable pooches can offer you a bit of inspiration!
- I don’t know what the weather is like where you are (Apparently the East Coast is suffering through a hurricane? Named Joaquin? Literally not sure which part is worse.), but here in the Midwest, Fall is officially starting to rear its gorgeous head. I personally cannot stop planning silly Fall-related weekend activities. For example, pretty much 305 days of the year, the idea of going apple-picking would make me feel like this:
But come October or November, someone suggests apple-picking and I am all:
5. I am not sure if you guys are familiar with Brooke Barker’s comics “Sad Animal Facts”; if you are not, please go remedy that, I’ll wait…
Awesome, right? Anyways, last week she did a great comic about the depressing lack of viable women even suggested to be put on the U.S. $10 bill that made me learn (which usually I hate) and laugh (which made up for the whole “learning” thing), check it out here.
6. I am on a serious hunt for a great blanket scarf. I know, I know, they’re everywhere, but as a petite, proper lady (ok..maybe just petite), finding a good one that doesn’t overwhelm me can be a bit of a challenge. I think my next contenders are the two below, what do you think?
Boom. Jeanne out. .